Library is the heart of any educational institution. It caters to the information needs of its clientele i.e. students, research scholars, faculty and staff members. It houses variety of information sources like printed books, e-books, periodicals, e-journals, newspapers, question banks, institutional publications etc.
The library is located in the main building of the college. It is situated next to Principal Room, Office Room and Bursar Room. The library is placed in such a manner that it is centrally located to enable the students and faculty of all the departments and staff members to have an easy access.
Organization of the Library
The library is organized into the following sections:
- Property Counter – to keep the personal belongings of the users
- Reading Hall – 32 users can use the library at a time
- Newspapers and Magazine Section
- Stack Room – the books meant for lending are arranged subject-wise
- Question Bank Section
- Circulation Counter
- Store Room
- Digital Library Section
- Length = 24.09 m
- Breadth = 8.45 m
- Sqr Mt = 203.5605
- Sqr Ft = 2191.13
- The library has a small digital library with 4 computers.
- All the four computers do have internet connection.
- The students and faculties are free to browse the net for their academic and research work and preparing themselves for competitive exams.
The library renders following services to the users :
- Document Delivery Service
- Reference Service
- Referral Service
- Display of New Arrivals
- Library orientation Programme
- User Awareness Programme
- Notice Board Service
- Question Bank Service
- Free Internet Service
- Research Assistance – collection of Reviews, statistical analysis of data, sample size selection etc.
- The library serves its users on all the working days of the college.
- The library works from 9:45 am to 4:45 pm.
- There is no fixed time for book issue and returns. The students may get the books issued or return the books during their free hours , lunch time or after the college hours.
Dr. K. Ramasamy
M V MuthiahGovt Arts College for Women, Dindigul – 624 004.
E_mail : email@example.com
Mobile : + 91-86089 43149