MVM – HOSTEL ” A HOME AWAY FROM HOME”
The college hostel is one of the accommodation home for the students who are far away from their residing place. The hostel life is filled with unforgettable memories and many amusements which can not be experienced in their home life. The MVM college hostel is provided with needy amenities, known for its tradition in nurturing disciplined life with parental care. It has two blocks with 11 big rooms and 29 small rooms, which can accommodate about 250 students. The room windows are fitted with mosquito nets to safeguard the students from insect borne infection. RO plant has been established to provide clean safe water. There is a spacious Dinning Hall with seating facilities to have comfortable dining time. The menu includes Vegetarian and occasionally Non-Vegetarian food when students exercise their choice. To ensure hygienic food FSSAI LICENSE was availed and renewed every year.
For relaxation and to acquire worldly knowledge LED TV has been installed. The total number of bathrooms are 29, where about 30 Indian toilets and 2 western toilets are built inside the two blocks. For security purposes the hostel area was brought under the surveillance of CCTV camera. The hostel is administrated by our Principal who is the Warden, governed by deputed senior associate professor who will be serving as Deputy Warden and constituted committee members who all joined together in managing all aspects for smooth running and welfare of inmates. We ensure a ragging free and friendly campus. Matron monitor the inmates and they take preventive measures for ragging establishing a healthy environment. We takes initiative to organize health camps and create awareness among the inmates with regard to their health and well being. For the successful conduct of the Hostel, every year various committees are framed to involve the inmates hold diverse responsibilities. They look after mess, cleanliness , discipline and organize cultural events and hostel day. It creates leadership skills among them to develop their expertise in administration.
|INSTALLATION OF STEAM BOILER BY FORMER PRINCIPAL DR.C.LADHA POORNAM||FORMER PRINCIPAL DR.C.LADHA POORNAM , COMMITTEE MEMBERS AND HOSTEL EMPLOYEES|
|STUDENTS RECEIVING PRIZES ON HOSTEL DAYS||HOSTEL ROOM|
|HOSTEL BLOCK -1||HOSTEL BLOCK -2|
Name : M V MUTHIAH GOVT.ARTS COLLEGE FOR WOMEN HOSTEL
Location : Inside the college campus
No of Buildings : 2 Blocks
Landline No. : 0451 – 2460119
Hostel Mail ID : email@example.com
Hostel Warden : Dr.D.Lakshmi, Principal of the College
Deputy Warden : Dr.P.SATHIYA BAMA, Associate Professor & Head, Department of Zoology
Committee Members :
- Dr.(Tmt.).J Nalatham , Asso.Prof.in Economics
- Dr.(Tmt.).G.S.Angelin, Asso.Prof.in English
- Tmt.E.R.B.Suganya , Bursar
Former Warden & Deputy Warden :
|S. NO||ACADEMIC PERIOD||WARDEN||DEPUTY WARDEN|
|1||01.06.2014 to 31.05.2015||Dr.C.PADMALADHA (01.06.2014 to 01.07.2014)||Dr.R.BHAVANI, Asso.Prof.in Zoology
(01.06.2014 to 01.10.2014)
|Dr.C.MANOLATHA (02.07.2014 to 31.05.2015)||Dr.J.NALATHAM, Asso.Prof.in Economics
(01.10.2014 to 31.05.2015)
|2||01.06.2015 to 31.05.2016||Dr.C.MANOLATHA
(01.06.2015 to 31.05.2016)
|Dr.J.NALATHAM, Asso.Prof.in Economics
(01.06.2015 to 08.10.2015)
|Dr.D.LAKSHMI, Asso.Prof.in Chemistry
(08.10.2015 to 31.05.2016
|3||01.06.2016 to 31.05.2017||Dr.C.MANOLATHA (01.06.2016 to 31.05.2017)||Dr.D.LAKSHMI, Asso.Prof.in Chemistry
(01.06.2016 to 15.07.2016
|Dr.P.VIJAYA, Asso.Prof.in English
(15.07.2016 to 31.05.2017)
|4||01.06.2017 to 31.05.2018||Dr.C.KUTHUKALA MATCHIKA (Asso.Prof.in.Commerce) Few days as the incharge principal until the next principal arrives||Dr.P.VIJAYA, Asso.Prof.in English
(01.06.2017 to 26.07.2017)
|Dr.P.PARVATHI (June-2017 to 31.05.2018)||Dr.A.PETHALAKSHMI, Asso.Prof.in Com.Sci.
(26.07.2017 to 31.05.2018)
|Mrs.S.RAJATHI, Asst.Prof.in Com.Sci.
|5||01.06.2018 to 31.05.2019||Dr.D.LAKSHMI (Asso.Prof.in.Chemistry) Few days as the incharge principal until the next principal arrives||Mrs.S.RAJATHI, Asst.Prof.in Com.Sci.
(01.06.2018 to 12.09.2018)
|Dr.C.LADHAPOORANAM (June-2018 to 31.05.2019)||Dr.G.S.ANGELIN, Asso.Prof.in English (12.09.2018 to 31.05.2019)|
|6||01.06.2019 to 31.05.2020||Dr.C.LADHAPOORANAM (01.06.2019 to 31.05.2020)||Dr.G.S.ANGELIN, Asso.Prof.in English (01.06.2019 to 22.07.2019)|
|Dr.K.NAGANANTHINI, Asso.Prof.in Tamil (22.07.2019 to 31.05.2020)|
|7||01.06.2020 to 31.05.2021||Dr.C.LADHAPOORANAM (01.06.2020 to 22.09.2020)||Dr.K. NAGANANTHINI, Asso.Prof.in Tamil (01.06.2020 to Till date)|
|Dr.J.NALATHAM (Asso.Prof.in Economics) Few days as the incharge principal until the next principal arrives|
|Dr.V.ANURADHA (25.09.2020 to 31.05.2021)|
Sudents Strength in Past Years
|S.No||Academic Year||No of Students|
|1.||2014 – 2015||268 Students|
|2.||2015 – 2016||247 Students|
|3.||2016 – 2017||223 Students|
|4.||2017 – 2018||194 Students|
|5.||2018 – 2019||210 Students|
|6.||2019 – 2020||212 Students|
|7.||2020 – 2021||15 Students (Due to Corona)|
Mess – Menu Details
- Breakfast – Idly, Utthappam and Variety rice for students.
- Lunch – Full Meals with Vegetables
- Dinner – Full Meals
- Tea & Coffee – Morning & Evening
- Snacks –Lentils, Pulses (Evening only)
Monthly Twice Non- vegetarian
- All meals and Snacks are provided as per their wish and willingness of the students.
- All the food in the hostel are prepared in a hygienic manner and Quality adhered to the guidance of FSSAI
- FSSAI License no: 12415006000131(Periodical renewal is done) ( Food Safety and Standards Authority of India)
Sports Equipments have been purchased for physical activity and healthy life style. Students play indoor and outdoor games for refreshing their body for sound well being.
- Throw ball.
- Ring ball
- Skipping rope
Tamil and English newspapers are purchased for students to develop their reading knowledge. Reading practices trigger the thinking attitude and help them in preparing for their competitive examinations.
- Tamil Newspaper – Hindu
- English Newspaper – Hindu
All students staying in the hostel are eligible for scholarship. Scholarships are provided by the Minority Welfare Government of Tamilnadu. In addition the Adidravidar Welfare Department Provides Rs.7500/- for UG Students & Rs.8000/- for PG Students for the Hostellers.
Students Special Scholarship Details Past 5 Years
|S.No||Academic Year||No.of Students Received Special Scholarship||Received Amount|
|1.||2016 – 2017||82||Rs.620000.00/-|
|2.||2017 – 2018||39||Rs.294500.00/-|
|3.||2018 – 2019||83||Rs.626500.00/-|
|4.||2019 – 2020||87||Rs.656500.00/-|
|5.||2020 – 2021||14||Rs.105500.00/-|
Hostel Fees Details- One Time Payment For a year
|SALE OF APP.||CAUTION DEPOSIT||WELFARE FUND||ADM. FEES||EST. FEES||HOSTEL DAY||EB CHARGE||ROOMRENT||TOTAL|
Mess fess = Dividing system
Mess Fees Rs.900/-per month (Approximately)
Infrastructure & Facilities
|S.N||Particulars||Old Block||New Block|
|3.||Ground Floor (Small)||12||—|
|4.||1 Floor (Small)||17||—|
|5.||Ground Floor (Big)||—||1|
|6.||1 Floor (Big)||—||5|
|7.||2 Floor (Big)||—||5|
|8.||Ground Floor||6 (1 Western type)||5 (1 Western type)|
|12.||No of Sickroom||1|
|21.||Condemned Articles room||1||—|
|23.||Washbasin – Ground Floor||1||1|
|24.||Washbasin – 1st Floor||—||1|
|25.||Washbasin – 2ns Floor||—||1|
|27.||Students Room – Ground Floor||24||4|
|34.||Landing – Ground Floor||10||4 (CFL)|
|35.||Kitchen & Outer Area||10||5|
|37.||Restroom & Bathroom||14 ( 12 CFL)||6 (CFL)|
|39.||Students room – 1 Floor||34||20|
|40.||Stairs – way||6||2|
|41.||Landing – 1 Floor||6||4 (CFL)|
|42.||Restroom & Bathroom||12 (CFL)||8 (CFL)|
|43.||Students room – 2 Floor||—||20|
|44.||Stairs – way||—||2|
|46.||Restroom & Bathroom||—||16 (CFL)|
|47.||Street Light||10 (Sodium Light)||6 (Sodium Light)|
|48.||Students room – Ground Floor||12||2|
|53.||Exhaust Fan – Kitchen||4||—|
|54.||Students room – 1 Floor||17||10|
|55.||Students room – 2 Floor||—||10|
|56.||No. of Cots||130|
|57.||Mosquito netted windows||Available|
|Taps (Water Pipes)|
|58.||Washing Area||6 (2 RO Wastage Water)||—|
|59.||Restroom – Ground floor||6||5|
|60.||Bathroom – Ground Floor||6||5|
|61.||Rest & Bathroom area – Ground Floor||2||—|
|62.||Washbasin – Ground Floor||6||5|
|63.||Kitchen – Ground Floor||3 (1 Steam Boilerroom)||2|
|65.||Staff Rest room – Ground Floor||4||—|
|67.||Restroom – 1st Floor||6||4|
|68.||Bathroom – 1st Floor||6||5|
|69.||Rest & Bathroom area – 1st Floor||2||—|
|70.||Washbasin – 1 Floor||—||5|
|71.||Restroom – 2 Floor||—||8|
|72.||Bathroom – 2 Floor||—||10|
|73.||Washbasin – 2 Floor||—||5|
|74.||Motors||1 ( For Warden room)||1|
|75.||No of water Sump||1||—|
|76.||No of Septic Tank||2||1|
|77.||No of EB Connections||1||2 ( 1 For Well)|
|78.||No of Computer||1|
|79.||No of Printer||1|
|80.||No of UPS||1||1|
|81.||No of CCTV Camera||3||1|
|82.||Steam Boiler for Cooking||1||—|
|85.||Napkin Burning Machine||4||3|
|86.||Mike Set & Speaker||2||2 + 1 (Mikeset)|
|88.||No of Solar light||1 in Ground|
|89.||No of Fire Extinguisher||2|
|90.||No of Over Head Tank||3|
Hostel Rules and Regulations:
- Hostel facilities were made available for the scholars who were from Dindigul and therefore the surrounding villages are for faraway from the college.
- Food facility, Sanitation and discipline of the scholars were accommodated under the control of Deputy Warden. Principal of the college is assigned the work of Hostel warden. a multitude fee is collected within the case of sharing method.
- If any care of student absence or holiday the mess fees won’t be reduced. Students should pay the fees within first 25 days after Rs. 5 are going to be fined within the payment after 25 days.
- The people representatives for student secretary, Sanitation secretary, food secretary are going to be helpful for the Deputy Warden.
- Students should follow the hostel rules. Any complaint on food should be reported to the matron and hostel secretary which can be solved by the Deputy Warden.
- Students shouldn’t take the food from the mess to their rooms without the permission of the Deputy Warden.
- Family members or other non-hostel students shouldn’t be permitted inside without the knowledge of the Deputy Warden. Authorized members are alone allowed to ascertain the scholars after making entry within the register maintained by watchman.
- Students aren’t allowed to possess sleeps on the opposite rooms within the hostel.
- They weren’t allowed to travel out without the permission of the Deputy Warden.
- If any illness or ill health during the working days they will occupy the hostel with Deputy Warden Permission.
- Students are liable for their respective things. They need to handle the hostel belongings with care and keep the hostel surrounding clean.