Old Student Association
OLD STUDENT ASSOCIATION
The purpose of an association is to foster a spirit of loyalty and to promote the general welfare of your organization. Alumni associations exist to support the parent organization's goals, and to strengthen the ties between alumni, the community, and the parent organization.
- To foster fellowship and friendship and sense of belongingness amongst the old students of this college.
- To hold periodic re-unions of the old students to maintain links with their Alma-mater.
- To highlight the rich traditions of the college in the fields of Academics, Cultural activities and sports.
- To serve as a link between the Past and the Present so as to give a healthy direction to the coming students.
- To Co-operate with the college administration for the betterment of the Institution.
- To arrange periodic lectures by old students to the new students, in their respective fields of specialization.
- To conduct research in education and other disciplines on different subjects relating to education.
- To promote literacy, cultural and other social activities by awareness programmes, adult education classes, lecturers, competitions, exhibitions, workshops, symposiums, cultural programmes, press conferences, seminars and incidental acts.
- To institute scholarships to deserving students and to help them in every possible way. To introduce awards and prizes for students and others for their excellence in academic performance and also in nonacademic fields.
- To provide free/concession education to the helpless, poor and needy children. Specifically to the differently abled (Special) children and to under take social work for up-liftment of the weaker section.
- To work for promotion and diffusion of useful knowledge and advancement of Indian Arts, Culture, Science and philosophy within India and Abroad.
- To protect the environment from ever increasing pollution by increasing public awareness and understanding of the Hazards of the environment pollution to create a better environmental conditions for healthy living of the human kind and work for environmental education.
- C. LadhaPooranam, Principal
- P. Nirmala, Associate Professor & Head, Department of Statistic
- J. Nalatham, Associate Professor & Head, Department of Economics
- S. Krishnaveni, Associate Professor & Head, Department of Computer Science
- P. Karthiyayini, Assistant Professor, Department of Economics
- A. Shanthasheela, Assistant Professor, Department of Computer Science
- S. Dhandapani, Assistant Professor, Department of Tamil
- A.P. Nagalakshmi, GL, Department of Computer Science