Student’s belonging to SC/ST and backward classes get financial aid in the form of scholarship from both Central government and State government. Merit scholarship is given to meritorious students. A total of 566 students received SC/ST scholarship, 984 students are benefitted of backward class scholarship, 7 students got central government scholarship and 74 students received Rani Mangammal scholarship during the academic year 2019-2020.
Our students get scholarships like
- Rani Mangammal scholarship
- State Government scholarship for SC/ST students
- Scholarship for BC students, scholarship for MBC and minority students
- Chief Ministers Merit Scholarship
- Education loan for SC/ST students ,Eligibility grant scholarship for SC/ST students
- Defense service personnel children scholarship
- Differently Abled scholarship,
- Ex-servicemen children scholarship,
- Freedom Fighters children scholarship
- Scholarship for Tamil medium students, etc.
SC/ST students are exempted from application fees, registration fees and Tuition fees as per Government Norms.
As the students come from a socio – economically deprived background, they are given scholarship by the government to do higher education as otherwise they cannot afford to attend college. They depend on the scholarship to educate themselves and upgrade their socio – economic status in the society.
2020 -2021 Students Scholarship Detail
|S.No||Scholarship Name||No. of Students (Beneficiary)||Total Amount Issued in Rupees|
|3.||Tamil Medium Stipend||428
(Rs. 900/ Student)
|4.||Hostel Scholarship||14||Rs. 1,05,500.00|
|5.||Ranimangammal Scholarship||96||Rs. 56,542.00|
|Total Amount||Rs. 66,77,550.00|