Students are admitted meritoriously as per government norms through the Single window system. Due weightage given to the students as per Tamil Nadu government norms. Student admission process will develop by automation.
Any student of any board is eligible, once, they have out of school. To take the admission on the basis of their merit to the Under graduate courses. Tamilnadu Higher Education has on live admission procedure and students have to take admission through the same. 55% in Graduation makes the students eligible to take admission to the post Graduation Courses.
- Constitution of the admission committees
- Commencement of admission process after the declaration of results
- Display of admission schedule on notice board
- Issue of prospectus
- Submission of application forms
- Scrutiny of application forms
- Preparation of merit list for various courses
- Display of merit list
- Completion of admission process as per the schedule
- Fulfilment of vacant seats through the waiting list
M. Phil. / Ph.D. Research programme
- Common Entrance Test by University for M. Phil. Course
- Admissions as per allotment by the University
Admission 2019: UG & PG Admissions, Reservation
Established in 1966, M.V. Muthiah Government Arts College for Women (MVMWGAC) is situated in Dindigul, Tamil Nadu. The college is affiliated to Mother Teresa Women’s University, Kodaikanal.
The college is known for offering several UG, PG, PGDCA and PhD courses is different fields of Arts, Commerce and Science viz. B.A, B.Com, B.B.A., B.Sc., M.A, M.Com, M.Sc., PG Diploma in Computer Applications along with Doctoral degrees (Computer Science and Mathematics).
- The application process for M.V. Muthiah Government Arts College for Women, Dindigul is conducted through offline mode.
- For admission in UG courses, applicants must have passed 10+2 in relevant subjects from any recognized Board such as CBSE/ ICSE/ State Board.
- Selection in these courses is based on the merit of the qualifying examination and as per the availability of seats.
- Admission in MA, M. Com., M.Sc., PGDCA requires a bachelor’s degree in relevant subjects from any recognized University/ Institution.
- Selection criterion for these PG courses are direct and based on the percentage of marks obtained in the qualifying examination and Entrance Test conducted by concerned Departments.
- For M.Sc. Mathematics, Zoology, Physics, Chemistry, Geography and Computer Science the applicants must have a graduate degree in relevant subjects.
- Admission in PhD courses requires a master’s degree with minimum 55% marks in relevant subjects and Clear the Entrance Exam conducted by University.
- M. Phil. and Ph.D. Applicants are selected on the basis of the marks obtained in the post-graduate degree, entrance test followed by interview.
Check Here: Fees Structure
Highlights of MVVWGAC, Dindigul Admission
|Name of the College||M.V.Muthiah Governement Arts College for Women, Dindigul|
|Basic Admission Criteria||Entrance based & Merit based|
|Last Date to Apply||10 Days from +2 result announced date for UG
10 days from University result announced date for PG
|Name of the Entrance||Entrance Exam conducted by concern Department|
|Entrance Exam Date||First Week of August|
|Entrance Exam Result Date/ Merit List Declaration Date||Second Week of August|
|Counseling Date||After the declaration of results August 9, 2019 – For UG courses|
Note: The dates mentioned above are tentative and subject to change as per discretion.
MVMWGAC, Dindigul Admission Schedule 2019
The table comprises of tentative dates for the opening and closing of registration.
Course NameRegistration Start DateRegistration End Date
|UG Programs||April 27, 2019
First Week of August
|May 20, 2019
Second Week of August
|M.Phil/ PhD||August 2019 onwards||September 9, 2019|
Note: M. Phil./Ph.D. Counseling date will be issued and displayed on the official website of the university.
MVMWGAC, Dindigul Reservations
The Government Arts College offers reservations to different categories of the society as –
|Categories||Reservations of Seats (in % age)|
|Backward Classes||30% (with 3.5% each for Muslims & Christians)|
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College