Career Guidance Cell
CAREER GUIDANCE CELL
Career guidance is not a new concept and its roots can be traced back to ancient times. However, career guidance in its present form, owes its origin to US and other developed countries. Career guidance encompasses information, guidance and counseling services to assist in making educational training and occupational choice.
Career guidance and counseling programmes in MVMWGAC aim to provide assistance and advice to students to make them more powerful and better informed so that they can become architects in building their own future. It helps the students realize their strengths and weaknesses by instilling self awareness, decision making skills, planning skills, personality development etc.
- The cell actively promotes the student to participate UPSC and TNPSC examinations.
- Organizes career talks and seminars with the help of experts.
- Updates the students with information regarding higher studies, admission procedures etc.
- To conduct a survey among students on their career options.
- To organize programmes to create awareness about the importance of higher studies in india and abroad.
- To organize diagnostic tests for the competitive exams such as CAT, GRE, GMAT and to counsel them for higher studies.
- To organize coaching classes on CAT, TOEFL, GRE etc. towards higher studies.
- To conduct orientation programmes for fresher’s.
- To organize and offer various programmes on personality development, soft skills and communications skills.
- To organize pre placement training programmes to enable students to showcase their skills during the interview.
GRE / TOEFL :
Special training is provided to students who are aspiring for higher education abroad. It focuses on Verbal, Quantitative and Reasoning skills along with Analytical Writing Assessment. A good number of students from different branches utilized the services and progressing in different universities abroad.
Higher Educational pursuits are one of the major goals of most of the students of SVECW. Helping them in realizing their goals the institution is offering regularly GATE training classes.
IES, IFS & IAS:
With the academic commitment of the student fraternity MVMWGAC always brings forward any initiative that widens the scope of the career of the students. Eventually a special training for the students who are interested in taking up a career at IES, IAS, IAF, etc. has been started recently and completed the required formative training.
- J.Sukanya – Assistant Professor of Computer Science
- N.Muthu – Assistant Professor of History
|S.No||Date||Name of the Programme||Resource Person||Beneficiaries|
|1||Every Wednesday||Awareness given for Communication Skills, Yoga, Competitive Exams, Usage of cell phone, Job Opportunities and Self Confident||Head of the Department||
|2.||08.03.2016||Self Confident and Successful Women||Dr.Sorojini Puthiyavan||