Entrepreneurship Development Cell
ENTREPRENEURSHIP DEVELOPMENT CELL
Entrepreneurship Development Cell, the abbreviation of which is EDC, has been established by M.V.Muthiah Government Arts College for Women, Dindigul. Ever since its inception, the cell has embarked on its flagship programme of continuous innovative thinking in order to enhance the country’s economy. At the same time, the cell also concentrates on the rural fronts so as to develop the potential of the rural youth and revamp their traditional mindset.
Battling against odds appears to have become something of a habit for the unemployed youth. The EDC tries to extricate these youngsters from their wrangle with employment opportunities by crowning them as young and dynamic entrepreneurs. These dynamic youngsters evolve from the corporate shadows and reach an enviable position.
From the position of job seekers, they get ordained as job givers. They expand the availability of jobs, thereby minimizing the nation’s anxiety over the rapidly increasing unemployment rate.
The EDC redefines the role of the youth to make them more independent. The youngsters are thus shaken out of their complacent mood regarding their employment opportunities. Such entrepreneurs become icons of success with the help of the prospective tool called innovation. They also cater to the ever growing employment needs of the society. Leaving no stone unturned in their innovative and constructive pathway, they prove to be the heartbeat of a nation’s progress and prosperity. Thus, the EDC empowers the youth with entrepreneurial skills.
To transform the students into ambitious and efficient entrepreneurs who can build a vibrant and sustainable national economy through engaging Micro, Small and medium scale enterprises across the country.
- To inculcate the Entrepreneurial culture among the students and society.
- To act as an institutional mechanism through conducting awareness programme, and providing information on entrepreneurship to students and local community.
- To spread entrepreneurship, through education, research and training, thus accelerating economic growth, by increasing the supply of new entrepreneurs and strengthen performance of the existing ones.
- To organize skills development programmes that increase capacity building to own and run a business.
- To catalyse and promote Science and Technical knowledge-based enterprises and generate employment opportunities in the innovative areas.
- To identify possible resource based projects in the region and to respond effectively to the emerging challenges and opportunities both at national and international level.
Objective & Functions
- To build Entrepreneurial culture among students
- To act as intermediate between the College and Industries.
- To conduct Entrepreneurship Awareness Camps, Entrepreneurship Development Programmes and Faculty Development.
- To organize visits to industries for forthcoming entrepreneurs.
- To conduct skill development trainings to make self employment.
- To provide advice to assist the entrepreneurs in rehabilitating them.