NEW STUDENTS ORIENTATION PROGRAMME
The goals and objectives of New Student Orientation are:
- To introduce students to college services which will support their educational and personal goals (ex. library, information technology, academic and student services departments).
- To facilitate initial academic advisement, course selection, and registration.
- To familiarize students with the campus environment and physical facilities.
- To create an atmosphere that minimizes anxiety, promotes positive attitudes, and stimulates an excitement for learning.
- To provide a welcoming atmosphere for students and families to meet faculty, staff, and continuing students, as well as other new students.
- To provide the families of new students comprehensive information about the academic and student service resources and programs.
- To provide employment, leadership, and learning opportunities for continuing students as pack leaders, through selection, training, and supervision.
The learning outcomes derived from the goals and objectives are:
- Students will be introduced to college services that will support their educational and personal goals.
- Students will understand the purpose of academic advisement and course selection.
- Students will become familiar with the campus environment.
- Students will feel confident and excited about their decision
- Students and families will be familiar with faculty, staff, and students on campus.
- Families will gain comprehensive information on campus resources available to them and their student(s).
- Student leaders will gain valuable leadership experience at the college level.