Purity, Unity and Ability
- To realize the goal of achieving holistic development through imparting quality higher education for rural learners.
- To steer up their livelihood in society based on career employability .
- To ensure a comprehensive bilingual curriculum care to facilitate learners who come from varied array of vernacular schools
- To facilitate the students of socially and academically disadvantaged sections of women society with need based and value oriented education .
- To instill moral values that channelize the energy of the students towards community
- To inform the funding and practice of education throughout the life course that pave way to establish post graduate program.
- Training cum teaching enable to acquaint , articulate , maintain equity amid democratic principles and social justice.
- Educate them to explore the intellectual thinking and cognition of their upliftment .
M.V. Muthiah Government Arts College for Women was established in the year 1966 in Dindigul by the Tamilnadu Government as there was no college for women in the district. It was started with an intake of 175 students with pre-university, undergraduate courses and a hostel to accommodate 50 students. It was affiliated to Madurai Kamaraj University. Thiru.M.V. Muthiah magnanimously to donated 40 acres of land and Rs. 1,00,000/- (one lakh) towards the construction of a new spacious building for the college. So it was named after him. Due to the continuous nurturing by the Government of Tamilnadu and the benevolent donor, it has steadily developed into one of the most-sought-after Arts Colleges within a short span.
In 1975, the college was shifted to the new building. In 2003, the college got affiliated to Mother Teresa Women’s University, Kodaikanal. The principal, 124 faculty members (including Guest Lecturers). A Librarian, one Physical Directress and 24 Non-Teaching staff contributes to the development of the college. In this campus 13 UG, 9 PG, 6 M.Phil, and 2 Ph.D., Courses offered. Totally 2980 students get benefited.
This college is exclusively beautiful with a view of the historically important "Malaikottai" and the green and pleasant Sirumalai. The institution from its inception is blessed with facilities like laboratories, co-operative stores, canteen, library, playground and hostel within the campus itself. We gratefully acknowledge the help of Mr. N.S.V. Sidhan, the Member of Parliament by giving Rs. 2,60,000/- for the Department of Computer Science to purchase the computers in 1998, Rs 27,00,000 for the construction of an auditorium and Rs. 18,00,000/- for the construction of open auditorium from his constituency development fund in the year 2007 and 2013. We also acknowledge the help of Ms. BalaBharathi, MLA, Dindigul Constituency for the allocation of fund of Rs. 15,00,000/- for the construction of class rooms in the year 2013. In year 2014-2018 we received amount 2 Crores under RUSA 1.0 from Central and State Government for infrastructure development purpose, we construct and renovated additionally 13 class rooms and extend the open auditorium. Year 2018-2019 Recently we have Prachithalaivar Dr. MGR Century memorial new building with 23 class rooms and 4 laboratories.