QUALITY INITIATIVES OF IQAC
MoU is signed between M.V.Muthiah Govt Arts College for Women Dindigul-624001 and Naga Foods pvt ltd on 25.04.2022
The Heads of Departments received the MoU from the Principal Dr.D.Lakshmi on 28.04.2022
Management Information System(MIS)
- To develop the MIS for library, administrative office, admission process
Student Quality Circle(SQC)
- The SQC has been established with the objective of involving students ,the primary stakeholders in Quality sustenance and enhancement of the Institution.
- The SQC meetings are held every fortnight. And wide range of issues were discussed and acted upon. The meetings generated ideas for enhancing Quality culture such as promoting ethical values, learning innovations, establishing clubs for tapping talent, promoting reading habits, eco-consciousness, etc
Comprehensive Feedback Mechanism
- The Feedback mechanism has been designed to be comprehensive in terms of its coverage of various areas of assessment and also the stakeholders.Feedback is collected from students, parents, alumni, industry/Institutions,Academic peers and Faculty .
- Feedback from students is collected on various areas such s Teaching quality, functioning of various academic and administrative units of the college, Infrastructural and physical facilities, Curriculum, Student support etc
- The tools adopted for collection of feedback include, structured formats from students , Online Feedback,Suggestion Boxes , SQC meetings etc .
Internal Academic Audit
- An Internal Academic Audit is conducted once in two years.The Committee comprises of two external members , who are academicians of repute and two internal members.
- The Committee evaluates the academic processes in the college and its a report. Action is taken on the report by the management.
Research Advisory Committee(RAC)
- IQAC establishing the Research Advisory Committee (RAC) in the Academic year 2014-2015,with the objective of promoting ,guiding and monitoring the research activities of the staff in the college.The RAC has been instrumental in the framing of guidelines for grant of financial assistance for research.The planned and concerted actions of RAC have resulted in UGC Minor Research Projects
Conduct of FDPs
- The IQAC has conducted faculty development programs to enhance quality in many areas
- The IQAC organized seminars such as ‘Implementation of Autonomy -Prospects and challenges' ;
- 'Round Table Meet on Autonomous Status' 'Students Participation in Quality enhancement' etc
- The IQAC has standardized various processing such as reporting formats, BoS minutes, Evaluation of research proposals submitted to RAC, Feedback forms, Assessment of Learning Levels at the Entry Level, Teaching Plans ,Evaluation of POs, PSOs,COs, etc., bringing about uniformity which is a prerequisite for monitoring quality and thereby enhancing it .
- The IQAC designed the Teaching plans with focus on Teaching inputs and teaching methodologies especially Student Centric Methodologies adopted , with an objective to monitor and enhance the teaching learning process.
- To ensure a structured methodology for students, the IQAC ensured the preparation of Lab Manuals by the Science Departments.
- To encourage Innovations in Teaching the various steps undertaken were, conduct of faculty development programs on the topic, organizing brainstorming sessions with the HoDs and faculty on the innovative teaching –learning methods, including ICT methods
Entry Level Assessment of learning levels of students
- The IQAC has planned and implemented a standardized method of Assessment of differential learning levels of students in the entry level through an Aptitude cum ability test. The test is designed and conducted by the respective Departments and a report is submitted to the IQAC
Weekly reports on Teaching
- The IQAC introduced weekly reporting by HoDs on monitoring teaching quality with a focus on the teaching methods employed. A structured format has been designed for the purpose
Establishment of Centres: The IQAC established various centres and cells:
- Entrepreneurship Development Cell (EDC) to create awareness and motivate students towards self-employment
- The following centres have been planned and established through the IQAC, effectively implemented and managed by the Departments:
- Centre for Digital Literacy
- Centre for Financial Literacy
- Centre for Health and Nutrition
Reports from Laboratories
- Monitoring the laboratory equipment and maintenance through Submission of Reports by the Head of the respective Department
- The Science Departments prepared the Lab Manuals for effective conduct of practical.
- A newsletter to disseminate information to students is prepared and released by a committee .
- The IQAC promoted few healthy practices in the Libraries. It was suggested that a compendium of Faculty publications be prepared, and stored in the D-Space , to be accessible to all the faculty and students.
Research and Statistical Databases
- The databases collected and compiled by the IQAC made available in the library and on the website to promote research based assignments ,projects ,case studies etc
Green Practices including Green Audit
- Planned and organized the Green Audit in conjunction with the Dept of Botany, Physics, Electronics, Chemistry, Computer science and Zoology
Meetings with HoDs and Faculty
- Regular meetings with the HoDs and faculty are held to discuss various aspects and measures towards quality enhancement.
Meetings and Reports from Committees, Centres, Cells
- The IQAC monitors the functioning of the committees, Cells an centres through conducting meetings and monitoring the reports they submit