The main aim of establishing the Eco Club was to conserve the natural resources and the natural environment to create Eco friendly environment and create awareness of biodiversity conservation and local environmental issues among children and to create a clean and green consciousness among students through various innovative methods.
Eco club plays an important role in creating environmental awareness amongst the future generation. The Main motive of the Eco Club is to nurture and teach the importance of environment to students.
- To motivate the students to keep their surroundings green and clean by undertaking plantation of trees.
- To promote culture of conservation of water by minimizing the use of water.
- To maintain cleanliness in and around the campus.
- To educate students to create awareness amongst public and sanitary workers, so as to stop the indiscriminate dumping and burning of waste which causes respiratory diseases.
- Organize seminars and special lectures on environmental issues in the College.
- Campaign against banned carry bags, use of loud speakers, banned fireworks, recycling of glass and metals, filling of water body in the adjacent area, etc,.
- Organize rallies, marches, human chains at public places with a view to spread environmental awareness.
- Action based activities like tree plantation, cleanliness drives both within and outside the College campus.
- Beautifying selected road side area, public places like hospitals, government offices, places of worship, etc., with plants and put campaign boards to generate awareness.
- Plantation programme is undertaken at regular intervals through Eco-club and NSS in the college premises and also in the premises of certain Government offices, Hospitals, Temples and orphan houses.
- Removal of waste plants and thorn bushes is done by Eco club with the help of NSS volunteers and other student from time to time. The volunteers of NSS Units collect scrap materials like plastics and other trash in the college and dump it in an appropriate place.
- The Eco club of college organized and actively participated in the Swachh Bharath Programme.